We may not realize it, but we use water every single day. Whether it’s for preparing food, drinking, washing ourselves, our clothes, or our homes, water is an integral part of our day-to-day lives, so ensuring that the water you use is clean and fresh is critical. Unfortunately, many homeowners in Bloomington, MN have “hard” water, which is water that has not been filtered to eliminate the presence of mineral deposits. This is why Minnesota Plumbing and Heating is here to help.
Visit our reviews page and read testimonials from customers who have benefitted from our water softener system installation services.
Why Should You Consider Water Softener Installation?
Water softener installation comes with a multitude of benefits, especially when it’s performed by a trained professional. Water softeners remove harsh chemicals and hard minerals from your water leaving you with crisp, clean water. Here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect when you call us for water softener installation:
- Cleaner home and fixtures: Hard water leaves behind ugly trails and residues on your silverware, dinnerware, glasses, tiles and other surfaces. Using softened water will reduce the presence of these residues as hard water minerals are usually the culprit.
- Softer skin, hair, and nails: Hard water minerals can do some serious damage to your hair, skin, and nails by drying them out and leaving hard mineral residues. Removing hard water minerals means you will enjoy clean, hard mineral-free water when you bathe, shower, or wash.
- Make soaps and detergents more effective: Hard minerals in water reduces the effectiveness of detergents and soaps by making it difficult for them to lather.
- Softer, more vibrant clothes: Hard water minerals can fade fabrics and cause your clothing to feel coarse.
- Lengthen the life of appliances: Hard water creates build-up in appliances that use water such as your coffee maker, dishwasher, washer, and taps. Softened water will not leave behind scale build-up which will prolong the life of your appliances.
Why is Hard Water Bad for Your Home?
When water hasn’t been properly filtered to remove mineral deposits like calcium and magnesium is considered “hard” water, and can have a variety of damaging effects on you and your home, which include:
- Scale. Scale is the dissolved minerals from your water which can accumulate and leave a white filmy residue on your appliances, fixtures, sinks, and water heater. Scaling can accumulate quickly and cause clogs to form which can cause leaks and other plumbing issues.
- Damage to your hair, skin, and clothes. Hard water dries out everything it touches, which can leave your hair feeling brittle, your skin flaky and dry, and cause your clothes to wear out in the wash.
- Issues with soap lather. Soap has a hard time lathering in hard water, which makes showering, bathing, and doing the laundry or dishes a challenge.
Do You Need a Water Softener?
The following are common issues that arise with hard water. If any of them sound familiar, contact us for water softener services as soon as possible:
- Foul smelling or tasting water
- Scale in your fixtures, pipes, and appliances
- Yellowed, stained clothing after being washed in hard water
Looking for ways to save? Be sure to check out our current coupons and deals to save on your next service.
Your Plumbing Experts in Bloomington
Don't trust your whole house water softener to just anyone! Minnesota Plumbing and Heating has been serving the Bloomington area for more than 100 years. With that kind of history, we know a fair amount about what will work for your plumbing and what will not.
You can trust our licensed plumbing contractors to be honest and upfront about everything from arrival time to pricing. We won't start work until you understand and agree to everything that needs to be done.
No two homes are the same, so we believe no two plumbing services should be either. Call Minnesota Plumbing and Heating to get a personalized whole home water softener installation service today.