Many Bloomington, MN homeowners are choosing to switch to heat pumps in their homes. Minnesota Plumbing and Heating is your top-trusted heat pump installation and repair contractor in the area. We can help you decide on the perfect unit for you home that will complement your lifestyle and help you save money.
Explore our latest customer reviews and feedback to find out what other homeowners in the neighborhood are saying about us.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
Heat pumps work on a similar principle to an air conditioner in the sense that they are simply moving air from one place to another. However, a heat pump is different in that it does not rely on an energy source to heat or cool the air. Instead, a heat pump uses the outdoor temperature to affect change in the temperature indoors.
The two main types of heat pumps are air-flow and ground-source. Air-flow heat pumps move warm air over tubing filled with refrigerant to cool the temperatures while a ground-source heat pump uses the cool temperature underground to work.
Does Your Heat Pump Need to Be Serviced or Repaired?
As the winter months approach, it is imperative to keep your heat pump in prime working condition. Doing so can ensure your house not only stays warm, but it can save you money in the long run. Here are some signs that your heat pump needs to be serviced:
- More than a decade old: If your heat pump is more than a decade old it may not function as well as it should. It may be time to seek heat pump repair services to make it more efficient for you and your household. Scheduling a repair early could mean the difference between paying a little and a lot.
- Makes a lot of noise: If your heat pump is making loud noises like rattling, groaning or clanking, you may need to call a professional to take a look at it. Those sounds are a clear indicator that something is wrong with your heat pump. Get a professional to check it out before it is too late.
- Utility bill unusually high: It isn’t uncommon for your utility to bill to be a little high during the winter months. Heating your home takes energy. But if it skyrockets unreasonably that may be a sign your heat pump is not working properly and you’ll need to seek heat pump repair services immediately.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Heat Pump?
Many homeowners are looking for an alternative way to heat their homes without the use of a traditional heater or furnace. A heat pump is great for many different types of homeowners because it offers several unique benefits and advantages. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Using less energy and saving money.
- Better for the environment.
- With fewer parts, heat pump service is required less frequently.
- Heat pumps are also able to work using alternative energy sources such as solar power.
Learn how you can save on your next call with our current coupons and online special offers.
Why Choose Minnesota Plumbing and Heating?
Our heat pump repair and installation services are reliable, efficient, and cost effective. Our customers always enjoy working with our friendly and attentive technicians.
It's important to us that you feel like you'e had the best possible experience with us. That's why we personalize every heat pump installation or repair service to your unique situation. It's also why we offer upfront, flat-rate pricing on all our services.
Trust the licensed and insured heat pump experts at Minnesota Plumbing and Heating. All our technicians are highly experienced in both residential and commercial HVAC. Give us a call today to speak with a heat pump expert near you!