Your evaporator coils are one of the most important components of your air conditioning system and see a lot of wear and tear each time your unit is in use. As a result, they can be prone to malfunctions and are often the first elements of your AC unit to break down and be in need of professional repairs.
At Minnesota Plumbing and Heating our team of qualified experts are happy to visit your home in Bloomington, MN and help you restore your system to perfect working order with our evaporator coil cleaner services, so make sure to call the moment you notice an issue.
See what your friends and neighbors are saying about our dedication to customer satisfaction by visiting our reviews page.
Signs That There’s a Problem with Your Evaporator Coil
Your evaporator coil works almost nonstop to keep cool, condensed air flowing from your cooling system, which means it will likely be the first thing to show signs of age and wear and tear.
Is there an issue with your AC coil? Keep reading to find out:
- Uneven temperatures. If you notice a temperature difference when you walk from room to room, then it’s time to call for a service appointment.
- Your AC turns on and off. A clear sign that there is an issue is when your unit turns on and off with no noticeable change in temperature.
- Your unit is noisy. Clunking, whirring, groaning, you name it; if your unit is making unusual sounds, then it is in need of repairs.
- Warm air is coming from your vents. If your air conditioning unit can’t cool the air, then something is seriously wrong.
When Should You Replace Your Evaporator Coils?
Your AC unit is made up of several electrical components and moving parts that all serve an important function in keeping your AC working at its best. Your evaporator coils are a part of your AC and many homeowners just aren’t sure what evaporator coils do and how they work. That’s why it may be difficult to identify when they need to be replaced or repaired. Here are some signs you should replace your evaporator coils instead of attempting to repair them:
- If your AC unit is older than 7 years, replacement of your evaporator coils is a better option than repairing.
- If your evaporator coil is leaking, you should replace immediately. Merely sealing and refilling with refrigerant is a short term fix and you will have to replace the coil eventually.
- Replacing your coils will reward you with a more efficient system and long-term savings on your energy bill.
- If your system operates on R-22 refrigerant, replace your coils. R-22 refrigerant is being phased out because it is illegal to sell or manufacture. This means prices for R-22 are skyrocketing and will soon not be available at all.
Replacing your evaporator coil should not be a DIY job! A professional HVAC technician will be able to tell exactly which evaporator coils will be compatible with your system and provide safe installation.
How Does Evaporator Coil Cleaning Help You?
While at times it may seem like a more sensible option to repair your unit, making use of our evaporator coil cleaner and maintenance services can be the most responsible and efficient way of keeping your cooling system running perfectly. Using coil cleaner services also have these added benefits besides being consistently cool:
- Your home will be filled with cooler, healthier air.
- Your air conditioning unit will be more energy efficient.
- You can extend the lifetime of your AC unit by several years.
- Eliminate water and Freon leaks which can damage other mechanical parts of your unit.
Our focus is on quality service at a great value. Visit our coupons page to learn more.
Why Minnesota Plumbing and Heating is the Best!
We have been the top air conditioning service company in Bloomington for more than 100 years. What makes Minnesota Plumbing and Heating the best? Here are some of our highlights:
- In Business Since 1917: We have more than a century of service experience under our belt!
- Personalized Service: We tailor every service to your specific needs.
- Upfront Pricing: Never be surprised by extra fees and charges. What we quote you before the work begins is exactly what you pay.
- Licensed Technicians: We only hire licensed and certified technicians so you can trust you're in good hands.
- Top Notch Training: All of our technicians receive extensive training so they can handle anything your evaporator coil has going on.
Trust your evaporator coil repairs and installation to the experts at Minnesota Plumbing and Heating!